As a tax law firm Langendorff Tax Consultancy (hereinafter: “Langendorff Tax Consultancy” or “we”) processes personal data, always with your privacy in mind. The concept of ‘personal data’ includes all information about an identified or identifiable natural person. This Privacy statement explains how Langendorff Tax Consultancy handles your personal data, what your rights are regarding the personal data we collect, how you can exercise those rights and where to direct your questions. This Privacy statement applies to all forms of data processing by or on behalf of Langendorff Tax Consultancy, including the situation in which one of our staff members is appointed as a receiver.
EU Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation ) qualifies us as a data controller in respect of the processing of your personal data. If one of our staff members is appointed as a receiver, this receiver will qualify as a data controller. Please find our contact details below, including the e-mail address to which you can send your privacy-related questions:
Langendorff Tax Consultancy
1404 JA Bussum
Which personal data do we process?
We may process the following (categories of) personal data of clients and their contact persons:
- name and address details (name, first names, initials, titles, gender, address, postal code, residence) as provided by the client;
- other contact details (telephone number, e-mail address and similar data required for communication);
- data for the purpose of carrying out advisory services and any work in connection therewith for the proper provision of services;
- other data the processing of which is required pursuant to or is necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, such as the processing of data concerning proof of identity when this is necessary to meet the requirements of the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act (Wwft).
Langendorff Tax Consultancy or the appointed receiver may process the following (categories of) personal data of persons from whom we purchase products or services or who work for these suppliers:
- contact details (name, first names, initials, titles, gender, address, postal code, residence) as provided by the supplier;
- other contact details (telephone number, e-mail address and similar data required for communication) as provided by the supplier;
- data for the purpose of placing orders or purchasing services;
- other data of suppliers of which the processing is required by or necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations.
We may process the following (categories of) personal data of job applicants:
- contact details (name, first names, initials, titles, gender, address, post code, city), as provided by the job applicant;
- other contact details (telephone number, e-mail address and similar data required for communications), as provided by the job applicant;
- nationality and date of birth, as provided by the job applicant;
- availability, CV and employment history (copies of diplomas, certificates, letters of reference), motivation letter and where relevant for the vacancy: the results of a competence test taken;
- references as provided by the job applicant or the referent, data on the position for which the candidate has applied, notes on job interviews and written communications with the job applicant.
Langendorff Tax Consultancy or the appointed receiver, may process the following (categories of) personal data of third parties (such as website visitors, non-clients whose personal data appearing in our files, lawyers, accountants and other advisors with whom we are in touch):
- contact details (name, first names, initials, titles, gender, address, post code, city), if provided;
- other contact details (telephone number, e-mail address and similar data required for communications), if provided;
- data regarding electronic messages from or intended for third parties and data required to keep in touch with those third parties;
- other data obtained from public sources or provided by clients or third parties as part of an assignment.
For which purposes do we process personal data?
We or the appointed receiver may process the above personal data for the purposes stated below:
- to provide the requested advisory services;
- for our administration, including the calculation or recording of fees or benefits, income and expenses, the payment and collection of claims (including the use of collection agencies or bailiffs);
- to be able to deal with any complaints and disputes about the services rendered;
- to maintain contact and communicate with you; also including communications for marketing and related activities such as seminars and sending newsletters;
- to handle your job application;
- for placing orders or purchasing services;
- for conducting audits and other internal controls;
- to provide you access to our websites, for the security of our websites and to generate statistics regarding the use of our website;
- to comply with our legal and statutory obligations.
Legal processing grounds
Langendorff Tax Consultancy or the appointed receiver processes your personal data on the basis of one or more of the following legal processing grounds:
- if this is necessary for the performance of an agreement to which you are a party or to perform precontractual acts at your request;
- if this is necessary to comply with statutory obligations;
- if this is necessary to justify our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party;
- your consent.
If Langendorff Tax Consultancy or the appointed receiver processes your personal data on the basis of your consent, Langendorff Tax Consultancy or the appointed receiver will ask you for it separately. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We do not retain your personal data in an identifiable form for longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes included in this Privacy Statement.
The personal data provided to us with regard to your application will be stored for up to four weeks after the end of the application procedure. We can keep your personal data on file for up to one year after the end of the application procedure if you consent to this. This gives us with the option to approach you for any future vacancies at Langendorff Tax Consultancy. When you enter into the employment of Langendorff Tax Consultancy, the personal data you provided with regard to your application will become part of your personnel file.
Personal data that must be kept on the basis of Article 52 of the Dutch State Taxes Act will be kept for 7 years or 12 years (from the end of the year in which the data in question have lost their current value for the (tax-) related business operations) in connection with the tax retention obligation incumbent on us pursuant to Article 52(4) of the Dutch State Taxes Act.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Langendorff Tax Consultancy or the appointed receiver does not provide your personal data to third parties (‘recipients’ within the meaning of the applicable privacy legislation), unless this is necessary for the proper performance of the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, if the law requires us to do so or if you have provided your consent to this end. The third parties to whom the personal data are made available are obliged to handle your personal data confidentially. If these parties qualify as a ‘data processor’ within the meaning of the applicable privacy legislation, Langendorff Tax Consultancy or the appointed receiver will ensure that a data processing agreement is concluded with these parties, which complies with the requirements included in the GDPR. Third parties which offer services to Langendorff Tax Consultancy or the appointed receiver as an independent data controller, such as accountants, civil law notaries experts engaged to provide an opinion or export report, are themselves responsible for the (further) processing of your personal data in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation.
Langendorff Tax Consultancy or the appointed receiver can share personal data with:
- staff members of Langendorff Tax Consultancy (“need-to-know”-basis);
- suppliers (for example software suppliers, translation agencies, accountants, etc);
- other advisors, lawyers or accountants in the context of the provision of services;
- other parties, such as regulators and other authorities where required by law or with your consent.
In order to provide our services, personal data may be transferred to a recipient in a country outside the European Economic Area with a lower degree of protection of personal data than the European law offers. In that case, Langendorff Tax Consultancy or the appointed receiver will ensure that such a transfer of personal data is in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, for example by concluding a model contract prepared and approved for that purpose by the European Commission and will assess whether any additional measures are necessary to guarantee an appropriate level of protection of your personal data. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you wish to receive more information about the appropriate or suitable safeguards in place for data transfers outside of the European Economic Area or if you would like to obtain a copy of them.
In our opinion it is important that your personal data are safe. For that reason, we will ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are taken to protect your personal data against unauthorised use as much as reasonably possible.
Our staff members are bound by a duty of confidentiality and must comply with specific instructions to adequately protect your personal data. Regrettably, sending information via the Internet is never completely secure. We make every effort to protect and secure your personal data, but as we cannot guarantee that transmitting your data to us is completely secure, you always do so at your own risk. When sending data to you and others, we use secure connections.
If you have more questions about the protection of your personal data or suspect abuse, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to your message as soon as possible and take appropriate action if necessary.